Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Showtunes



Trenton's vocabulary is pretty limited for a 2 1/2 year old (lots of reasons, mostly because he doesn't have good mouth/tongue coordination due to not eating), so we celebrate any new words he comes up with! I couldn't tell you why, but about a week ago, I began singing Annie's "Tomorrow" to him. The next thing I knew, he was shouting "tomorrow!" just the same as me. WOW -- multi-syllabic! That was big time. Since then (much to Matt's happiness), we've added arm motions with our song, and it's become an entertaining part of our car time. We just turn down the radio and sing like Annie! Our newest song is Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours." He loves to sing the word "more" in the melody, and when the song ends, he again tells me "more!" It's amazing how much he loves music. I caught him beating on his chest to a song twice yesterday. I'm already seeing drums and a microphone in his Christmas future. :) Concert dates and times to be announced at a later date! Stay tuned!
These pics are right after he's finished with his "tomorrow!" singing with arm motions. You can tell how happy it makes him.





No comments: