Trenton has had a ball with my sister's yorkie, Bella, since the two of them moved in with us a few weeks ago. Bella is so great with Trenton--she's always eager to give kisses despite his sometimes terrorizing ways toward her! We catch him chasing her around the house, trying to grab her with both hands or walk over top of her. He loves to pet Bella, and definitely gets excited when she walks into his room after he wakes up from a nap. "Beh-ah" is a great new buddy!
The same week Bella and Karie came, we'd finally filled Trenton's fish tank with some fun fish. Well, you know how it goes--some go belly up before you know it! So Karie and I took Trenton to the pet store last week to buy some more fish for his tank. While the fish were entertaining to him for a few minutes, we quickly learned that Trenton had a different agenda. There was a huge cage of birds that absolutely captivated his attention more than anything I've seen in a long time! He ran from cage to cage yelling "Birrrr!" over and over for about 20 minutes. He loved watching them fly around and kept trying to touch them. Once we'd said goodbye to the "birrrs" and left the store, he asked for them the entire ride home. I suspect there will be another trip to the pet store in our near future. :) Let's just hope this mom has the strength to leave the store without another pet for our house!


1 comment:
I love it! How does Matt like the fish by now??? Just so you know, PetSmart does free water sampling so they can tell you if your water is good and how you can fix it to keep them swimming a little longer. Good luck with that pet store trip...you know I'm a sucker for animals so I know it's hard when your kid looks at you and wants one.
Post a Comment