Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our Friend Ash

One of my favorite things about our friend Ashley is that no matter the situation, she can reference some episode of Friends that fits perfectly! Every time she says, "That reminds me of . . ." I know there is about to be a story coming up about Joey and sandwiches, or one of Phoebe's crazy songs. The stories (and Ash's ability to remember every single detail about anything she sees!) make me laugh every time. I love laughing as we remember episodes and each of the Friends characters together.

Last night, there were six of us, and we joked around trying to decide which Friends characters we are most like (Yeah, we might be dorks--or bored--but come on, you know you've tried to figure out whether you're more a Monica or a Rachel!). :) Naturally, my sarcastic husband is Chandler, and Karie got pegged as the animal-loving vegetarian, Phoebe, and so on. I'd rather not mention who I got likened to, as I've always hoped to be the cool Rachel! But no. I got Ross. Yes, Ross! We all laughed so hard as I slowly realized that I really am as dorky and awkward as the character that annoys me most on that show. Looks like I need to find a Bloomingdale's and practice up on my Rachel-ness! :)

Oh, and we tried to stump Ashley with the ridiculous, impossibly difficult questions on the Friends board game (Yes, I have the Friends game--didn't buy it, never played it, as it's so hard!). Next time you see her, you might ask Ash the last name of Joey's agent, or which one of Joey's sisters Chandler dated. You'll be impressed! But only if you haven't been around her to hear the Friends memories yourself! We love you, Ashley!!!

No comments: